Client: Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority
Locations: Downtown Los Angeles to Sylmar in the Northern San Fernando Valley , CA
Size : 22 Mile High Speed Rail Study involving the French TGV and the German Maglev System.
Cost: $700,000,000 (Budget Estimates)
Completion Date: 1995 (Study)
AVA responsibilities included:
- Station Concepts & Renderings
- Station Site Planning Route Refinement and Engineering Feasibility
- Site Circulation Studies for Bus and Auto Interface.
- Analysis of Alternative Alignments Physical Corridor Constraints and Station Area potential.
- Station locations for each alternative, and optimal spacing of stations.
- Heavy light rail and high speed rail interface.
- Exploration of newer rail technologies such as the Maglev and French TGV
- Multimodal Center Interface with other transportation modes
A 22 mile corridor between Union Station in downtown Los Angeles to Sylmar, served by a proposed high speed rail or commuter rail train in conjunction with a light rail system.